top of page
  • Daniel Gray CPA US Tax Services Toronto Canada

And the next expiring ITINs are ...

The IRS is now accepting ITIN renewal applications for:

ITINs that have not been used on a federal tax return at least once in the last three consecutive years and

ITINs with middle digits 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 81 or 82 that will expire at the end of the year.

(For example: 9NN-73-NNNN) need to be renewed even if the taxpayer has used it in the last three years.

IRS will soon begin sending the CP-48 ITIN Expiration Notice to such taxpayers. Make sure your address on file with IRS is up to date. The way to change your address with IRS is to change it on your tax return OR file Form 8822 Change of Address OR by telephone 6:00 am to 11:00 pm (EST) M-F at (267) 941-1000

US Tax Services urges our clients and other taxpayers (who may contact us for assistance) with expiring ITINs to begin submitting their renewal applications as soon as possible if they have a 2018 tax filing requirement.

IRS says more than 2 million ITINs will expire in 2018.

ITINs with middle digits of 70, 71, 72, 78, 79 or 80 have previously expired. Taxpayers with these ITINs can still renew at any time.

25 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All

Tax AI vs Tax Pro

I tested out IRS's new Form 1042-S Data Integrity Tool at This software program provides a no-cost standalone tool to assist in complying with

bottom of page